- Do I need a Permit for a shed? Yes. You need to obtain a Land Use Permit from the Township for any structure added to your property. See the “Permits” tab for more information.
- Does the Township have a place where we can dump brush, grass clippings, or Christmas trees? No, we do not. The vast majority of the township is rural and does not have this need.
- Does the Township have a Bulky Trash Day in the Fall? No. We have one Bulky Trash Collection event in May each year.
- Does the Township take old TVs and other electronic items? Yes, but only during our Bulky Trash Collection Days, and there is a disposal fee based on the size and weight of the item.
- Why was the office closed during regular business hours? We only have two part-time office employees, which does save tax payers money, but unfortunately it also means there may be times when no one is in the office even if the office should be open. The office could be closed for a few minutes due to a trip to the bank or post office. It could be closed for a few hours for a meeting or training. Or, it could be closed for a few days due to illness or vacation. Feel free to call ahead if you would like to be sure someone is in the office before you make the trip.
- What are the restrictions on where fireworks can be used? Fireworks may not be discharged within 150 feet of a home or other occupied structure, and they may not be discharged from, within, or toward a motor vehicle or building. Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged on public or private property without express permission from the property owner, and they may not be discharged by any person under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other controlled substance. Please be considerate of your neighbors and be extremely careful when handling fireworks!
More Frequently Asked Questions coming soon!